Thursday, July 23, 2009

a realization

I was sitting in the booth waiting to run the show, I was passing the time by watching Terminator 2 and it reminded me of when I was about 8 years old. I was in Canada and the people living across the street from us were very good friends of our family. There was an older couple Mr and Mrs. Brennick and all the children have grown up but there son Greg lived with them. The main attribute about him I remember and just realized it never phased me was Greg had one leg, he was in a car accident and had to have it amputated just below the knee. he had a Prosthetic leg and walked with a limp, but Even with his disability he worked for the SPCA. He was such a kind person he would take my brother and I out and meet different people that he met through his job. One person kept Tigers and lions (yes in Canada) also we saw a chinchilla farm. Even being much older then me we still hung out together, and what I remember most was sitting in his room and watching moves like the Terminator. Greg passed away on mothers day this year, and it finally hit me today that he is gone and that I miss him a lot. Strange how something as simple as a film can do that. With that realization, it is amazing how many people touch our lives even in the smallest of ways can still be powerful. Greg Brennick will be missed.

I know this is on the somber side but I felt like sharing, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment